::

3.09.2009

ISSUE #10: JUNE 2009

Coming soon! Yes, believe it or not, there wil be an issue number ten. With a Dave Sim cover...it's already done! Fantastic recreation of Amazing Spider-Man #6, with accompanying feature on Steve Ditko. Hopefully June. It all depends on how long it takes to get three issues together, which is what I'm going to do. Get ahead and then see if I can keep the thing on a monthly schedule. Looks good so far! Of course, it's now the middle of May and I only have one issue done, but that's okay...I'll just make it the end of June... Ditko has become a regular topic of conversation between Sim and myself. Plus, I've been corresponding regularly with Robin Snyder. I'll have a few things to say about Ditko, but basically it's going to be a refutation of the standard "He was great because he invented Spider-man but then he read Ayn Rand and went crazy" story, which is complete bullshit. Spider-man's okay, but he doesn't hold a candle to Mr. A. Ditko's later work is brilliant, some of the best work done in the medium. Until my piece comes out, check out the best page about Ditko and Mr. A currently on the web here. (24 pgs., colour and b&w, newsprint, $10 US, includes glossy color print of cover, signed by cover artist Dave Sim)

0 comments:

Post a Comment